Sunday, September 13, 2020

There's only one F in Fisher

Well I knew it would go pear shapped after spending days, weeks and months waiting for and looking forward to the start of compeditive football, on the morning of the game I dropped a heavy extension lead onto my foot hurting my poor old big toe thus ruining the good happy mood I was in, turning it into an impending sense of doom and gloom. As I hobbled of to Fortress Imperial for the FA Cup game with Fisher FC and their noisy away following I was concerned that our visitors from SE London would be up for the game more than us and in truth even though we went ahead twice, Fisher battled on drawing level and then deservedly winning the tie on penalties. Daryl Coleman came close to hitting me full in the face with his attempt that sailed over the crossbar like a cannon shot fired at the battle of Waterloo. Not a good way to start the season with a game like this. I love the cup and now the chance to progress into the later rounds has gone I'm rather glum with the pain in my toe hurting as much as my broken heart.... The plus side is that being as superstious as I am, I'd have to drop an extension lead on my toe every week before going to games if we had won.... Every cloud...

    There's Only One F in Fisher

Still good to get back to see the Terrors and meet up with the Bog End faithfull, many I've not seen for a while. Even though the result and in truth the game are best forgotten being back watching football has been a welcome distraction to everything else that seems to be going on in the world at the moment. Mrs H no doubt is a lot happier knowing that she will get so well deserved peace and quiet from myself and Bog End Ant on Saturdays from now on. 

The Bog End are back together at last...


The Pre Season was a bit hit and miss.... well more miss in truth but we often do better during the season after a slow Pre Season so fingers crossed for the coming year and please keep fingers and toes ( maybe not toes) crossed that Covid 19 does not hit hard and put a stop to things again, always make sure you wear a mask and other PPE items when out and about like these two Sutton United fans spotted on Manor Park earlier on Saturday morning.

So now we can concentrate on the league.... And all the other cup compitions we may or not be in this year as I'm not sure what is happening to be honest. Just remember Wembley is over rated and expensive and you get better chips at Hanwell anyway so maybe Fisher did us a favour...

South London Is Black And White

Up The Terrors

No comments:

Post a Comment